* 6 tablespoons butter or olive oil
* 3 medium onions, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 small beets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
* 4 to 5 medium carrots, cut into 1/2- inch dice
* 4 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
* 1/2 medium celery root, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
* 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch dice
* 4 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
* 1 pk Silken tofu
* 3/4 cup chopped dill
* 2 quarts soup stock (I used Better than Bullion no-chicken stock)
* 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes with their juice
* Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil on medium-high temp in a medium-large soup pot
Add garlic and onions
Once onions and garlic are soft (about 5-7 mins.) add beets, squash, carrots, celery, mushrooms. Let cook for 15 mins.
Add soup stock and tomatoes and half of the dill. Let cook for 15 mins.
Add silken tofu in using a fork or melon baller to add small pieces.
Add zest and orange juice and the rest of the dill
Taste and add salt and black pepper to preference
Freezes well. Great for camping!
Lasts in the refrigerator for 2 wks.