Chickpea of The Sea
Try this delicious chickpea mock tuna salad recipe!
* 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained
* 1/8 cup mayonnaise (vegan mayo tastes great in this too)
* 1/8 cup dijon
* 1/2 lemon, juiced
* salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
* ¼ cup celery (about 2 small stalks, leaves ok too), chopped
* ¼ cup red onion (about 1/2 small), chopped
* ¼ cup chopped black olives
* 2 tablespoons capers
* ¼ – 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* himalayan salt & cracked pepper, to taste
* dash of cayenne, optional
* dash of celery seed
* Mash chickpeas in a bowl until they resemble chunk tuna. Add mayonnaise, dijon, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, celery seed and stir.
* Fold in celery, red onion, capers, and olives
Stays refrigerated for at least 1 week.